Do you have a passion for pets and wish you could spend more time with them? If you do, you’re in luck: There are a slew of jobs out there for pet fanatics just like you! From dog walking to pet grooming, a lot of pet occupations are flexible enough that you can work them on the side and make some nice cash doing so.
However, just because these jobs don’t typically require that much of your time doesn’t mean they are all equal. For instance, starting your career as a dog walker has a lower barrier to entry than, say, becoming a dog rescuer. Because some jobs have more requirements than others, it’s important to do the research beforehand to make sure you have the time and energy to commit to a side hustle in the first place.
If you’re interested in a pet side hustle, here are some questions you should consider before diving in:
- Does the job I want require formal education?
- Is there a need in my immediate area for this type of service?
- Does my ideal side hustle have steep startup costs? If so, can I afford it?
- What’s the competition like?
- Am I a good fit for the type of job I’m interested in?
- How much can I realistically make doing this side hustle?
These are just a few of the things you should consider. To give you a better idea of what types of jobs are out there, how much you can make, and whether or not it’s a good fit for you, Wikibuy has created an infographic that discusses pet-related occupations in depth below.
Please include attribution to wikibuy.com with this graphic.