Sometimes, things just don’t go your way, no matter what you try. These are the days, or moments that can create a lot of frustration. During these moments, it can be extremely tough to be grateful. I am still working on it. What I noticed however, is that when I take those moments to reflect on what I am grateful for, my “mood elevator” immediately goes up.
Why Can Practicing Gratitude Do For You?
- It reminds you of the positive things in your life.
- It reminds you of what is important.
- It turns bad things into good things and helps put things into perspective.
- You will be in a better mood.
When I reflect on what I am grateful for, I first think of my Family (my husband, two sons, parents, siblings and the whole gang). I am also thankful for a career that allows me to challenge myself and inspire others to do the same. Another amazing thing that I am grateful for is this blog. I started this blog in June of 2015. Since then it has connected me with so many amazing people who strive to be more every day. This Blog has been a gift to me and I hope to continue to be able to use it as a medium to connect and inspire.
Need some inspiration to get the Grateful Wheel going?
Here are 20 quotes on Gratitude and Being Thankful:
1. “We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.” — Thornton Wilder
2. “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” — John F. Kennedy
3. “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.”– Oprah Winfrey
4. “He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has.” — Epictetus
5. “Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance.” — Eckhart Tolle
6. “If a fellow isn’t thankful for what he’s got, he isn’t likely to be thankful for what he’s going to get.” — Frank A. Clark
7. “If you want to turn your life around, try thankfulness. It will change your life mightily.” — Gerald Good
8. “Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” — Robert Brault
9. “Gratitude turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion into clarity…it makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.” — Melody Beattie
10. “The world has enough beautiful mountains and meadows, spectacular skies and serene lakes. It has enough lush forests, flowered fields, and sandy beaches. It has plenty of stars and the promise of a new sunrise and sunset every day. What the world needs more of is people to appreciate and enjoy it.” — Michael Josephson
11.. “Gratitude is a currency that we can mint for ourselves, and spend without fear of bankruptcy.” — Fred De Witt Van Amburgh
12. “The way to develop the best that is in a person is by appreciation and encouragement.” — Charles Schwab
13. “He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has.” — Epictetus
14. “When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around.” — Willie Nelson
15. “It is impossible to feel grateful and depressed in the same moment.” — Naomi Williams
16. “Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out.” — John Wooden
17. “No one who achieves success does so without the help of others. The wise and confident acknowledge this help with gratitude.” — Alfred North Whitehead
18. “I truly believe we can either see the connections, celebrate them, and express gratitude for our blessings, or we can see life as a string of coincidences that have no meaning or connection. For me, I’m going to believe in miracles, celebrate life, rejoice in the views of eternity, and hope my choices will create a positive ripple effect in the lives of others. This is my choice.” — Mike Ericksen
19. “Gratitude also opens your eyes to the limitless potential of the universe, while dissatisfaction closes your eyes to it.” — Stephen Richards
20. “Gratitude and attitude are not challenges; they are choices.” — Robert Braathe
What are you thankful for? Which quote is your favorite?
Our lives can get pretty hectic and it can be easy to get lost in our actions. When we are so focused on what is ahead, we forget to pause, reflect and find ways to energize our minds. These 5-minute motivation posts are meant to give you that recharge. The goal is to give you a 5-minute Vitamin for your mind through quotes, posts and videos. It is also meant to challenge your thinking and inspire you to take action.
Don’t miss out on any posts! Subscribe to the weekly series of #5minutemotivation. Click on the link on the left to get started, or the image below.