What are the benefits of developing cross-platform mobile apps for your business?
By creating an application for only one platform, a business risks losing its audience. Cross-platform application development technologies help to avoid this – they allow you to develop two operating systems at once. At the same time, such technologies help to save development time (up to 40%), as well as budget.
There are over five billion smartphones in the world. Of these, about 85% work on Android, the remaining 15% on iOS. Many brands are already choosing cross-platform technologies. Among them are Alibaba, Philips Hue, Hamilton, Tencent, Grab, Groupon, and others.
Our company TRIARE, which specializes in the development of cross-platform mobile applications, works with cross-platform technologies to create software for its clients.
What is cross-platform technology?
There are three main approaches to application development:
- PWA (Progressive Web Application);
PWA is a technology that transforms a website into a mobile application. Native mobile development creates apps for one operating system, separately for iOS and Android. Cross-platform creates a single application for several operating systems at once. At the same time, such applications are no different for the user – they provide a native experience thanks to a visualization interface using their own controls. The process of publishing applications is also no different from the native ones – the compiled distributions are signed and loaded.
There are several cross-platform technologies – frameworks. TRIARE specialists are fluent in any of them.
What does cooperation with TRIARE give to the client?
- It saves time and budget. In our experience, cross-platform technologies help to optimize the time for developing applications for two platforms by up to 40% and, accordingly, reduce the development budget.
- Fast time-to-market. There is no need to duplicate the staff of mobile developers. All developers work with a single open code base, which means that more people who understand the project can conduct a code review (a team process of working to improve the quality of the code).
- No need to look for Android and iOS programmers in a highly competitive HR market.
- No need to sync Android and iOS apps (one of the platforms can develop faster).
- There is no need to increase development management costs.
- Easier to scale in-house and contractor development – you can create a component library for brand applications.
- Nothing limits the creation of the application’s functionality;
- The costs of fixing bugs and adding new functionality are lower than for native solutions.
- For native users, the transition to cross-platform technologies is relatively easy.
To learn more about how TRIARE’s cross-platform methods work, please visit our website https://triare.net/service-mobile-apps/.