Test automation framework is not quite a new term anymore. It is stated to be a collection of guidelines or rules designed to generate test cases. It has a perfect combination of tools and practices designed to assist QA professionals in testing in a more effective manner. On the other hand, thanks to these guidelines, you can encompass object repositories, test data handling methods, coding standards, and even processes for securing the main test results. These guidelines will also process data on ways to access external resources.
Currently, the rules, which are part of the automation framework design, are really important. Testers will have the much-needed flexibility to record or design tests without just adhering to them. But, accessing an organized mobile-centric test automation framework will make more benefits to them than what is seen on the outside. So, before proceeding any further, it is important to throw some light on the frameworks for the web and mobile applications by learning the types involved.
Quality of linear automation framework:
When the matter revolves around a linear-based test automation framework, there is no need to write codes or generate any function. The steps in this framework are written chronologically, and the process is known for its record and playback characteristic.
- The tester here will record every possible step like user input, navigation, and checkpoints.
- Then, the tester will play back the steps for automatically conducting the test.
- As there is no custom code available, this framework can easily be executed without any test automation experience.
The beauty of the modular testing framework:
A modular test-based automated framework will need the help of testers for dividing the applications into various testing categories like units, functions, sections, and more. Each class will be tested out individually.
- Whenever the application gets divided, the testers get to create a test script for every possible part.
- Furthermore, those parts are combined together for creating extensive tests.
- On the other hand, there will be a large test set that will represent various test applications.
- When it comes to the modular testing frame, you must create an abstraction layer first. That will make sure that the sections will not influence the final or chosen overarching module.
The framework based on given data:
Also known as a data-driven framework, this test automation guideline will break up the script logic and then test data. It will help out the testers to store the data externally in a framework. There are times when the testers have to test any particular function or feature multiple times with various data sets.
During such instances, the testers cannot rely on data designed for the specified script. This framework is here to help the testers store and pass multiple parameters for testing out the scripts from various data sources. Some of those are OBDC repositories, text files, SQL tables, excel spreadsheets, and so much more.
Library architecture framework:
Here, you can get hold of this special testing framework to be focused primarily on the modular framework. It will also offer that added benefits that the testers are looking for.
- In place of dividing the application under multiple tests, this framework will identify the same tasks within the given scripts and group them depending on their similar functions.
- It will help the application to be proficiently grouped by some of the common objectives.
- On the other hand, the functions will get stored in the library, which they can access anytime they want and need.
Hybrid testing framework:
Hybrid test automated framework will work together with other automation testing frameworks. It will help the testers to leverage the potentials of any other framework and will eliminate weaknesses too. Each application is quite different, and the process also needs to be quite distinctive in nature. Leveraging that hybrid testing framework will help the testers be more adaptable and agile for better test results.
The final call:
Whenever you are making plans to move forward and select the perfect automated mobile-based testing framework, the testers must consider the flexible rate and supported languages and multiple applications first. It will help them to work with the best-automated testing framework for the given script or program.
Furthermore, this selection will help the testers contribute to the present testing process, no matter their background or skill. The hybrid form of the testing framework is one adaptive form of the testing approach. It will work in a rather efficient manner and can work with various processes and applications. So, learning more about the different types of frameworks and the testing automation services will help out the testers to get proper decisions in the end for sure.