What does it really mean to be world-class? World-Class defines something or someone that is the best in the world.
I remember when I was General Manager of a large department store, they were aiming to deliver world-class customer service. Great ambitions, but, then they proceeded to cut back significantly on payroll and training of new employees. In an entire men’s department of over 30,000 square feet, they would frequently have enough payroll to schedule 1 person. What they envisioned to become was amazing, but their actions did not support their vision.
As an Entrepreneur, or a Leader, do you aim to be the best? Do your actions support your vision? It is not easy to become a champion in your field. Very, very few people are willing to pay the price of becoming truly great. But, you can aim to become better every day. You can hone your skills and focus on the strengths that make you unique. It takes practice, it takes commitment and it takes great principles.
A motto is defined as; “a short sentence or phrase that expresses a rule guiding the behavior of a particular person or group.”
Some examples of corporate mottos are:
Ford – “Quality is Job One”
IBM – “Think”
Apple Computers – “Think Different”
L’Oréal – “Because I’m worth It”
Nokia – “Connecting People”
So few words, that say so much. As a leader, do you have a Motto you live by? What principles can be reflected in those mottos?
Here are 30 Mottos of World-Class Leaders to Inspire your Own Motto:
- The performer who focuses the best wins the most.
- Before someone will help you, you need to help them.
- Become the most passionate person you know. It’ll be contagious.
- Invest in yourself through learning.
- If you want more, become more.
- Plan your priorities for the day before the day starts.
- Create your plan, then, work your plan.
- Work to be underpaid and watch your salary ceiling rise.
- The minute you think you know everything, realize, you know nothing.
- 10X your results by 10X’ing your level of execution.
- Find your own style and speak through your Unique voice.
- Write down your priority goals.
- Don’t just plan to do it, do it.
- Words have power. Use the language of leadership, not those of judge or victim.
- Develop a strong focus on just a few things.
- Grind. Rest. Reflect. It will give you more energy to keep going.
- To get the results few people do, be willing to do what few people are willing to do.
“Legacy is not what’s left tomorrow when you’re gone. It’s what you give, create, impact and contribute today while you’re here that then happens to live on.” – Rasheed Ogunlaru
- Give more than you take.
- If your first project isn’t an embarrassment, you waited too long to start.
- Be a hero to a kid.
- In business, go for legendary.
- Failure is part of your journey to success.
- No one achieves greatness on their own.
- Surround yourself with a network of people that will lift you higher.
- Work hard on developing your team and make that a priority.
- Get rid of distractions.
- Be present in the moment.
- Get a smaller TV and a bigger library.
- You can. You will.
- Start and keep going.
Which motto inspires you?
Our lives can get pretty hectic and it can be easy to get lost in our actions. When we are so focused on what is ahead, we forget to pause, reflect and find ways to energize our minds. These 5-minute motivation posts are meant to give you that recharge. The goal is to give you a 5-minute Vitamin for your mind through quotes, posts and videos. It is also meant to challenge your thinking and inspire you to take action.
Don’t miss out on any posts! Subscribe to the weekly series of #5minutemotivation. Click on the link on the left to get started, or the image below.